The Notre Dame Shaw Center for Children and Families in Fort Wayne is seeking interns who are thoughtful, motivated, hard-working, and passionate about working with children and families.
- Learn about family processes like parenting, communication, and emotional security
- Learn about the development and implementation of intervention programs for families
- Gain hands-on experience and advanced training working with children and families
- Participate in large-scale research from a developmental psychology perspective
- Professional development opportunities including resume building, networking, and community outreach
Applicants must be:
- 18 years of age on or before the first day of the internship
- Enrolled at least half-time (e.g., six credits per semester for undergraduates) in an undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college, or university (two-year or four-year institution).
Hours are flexible and will generally not exceed 10/week. The majority of work each week will occur on evenings and weekends, revolving around study participants’ availability. A smaller portion of the hours will be spent in educational sessions, including research team meetings, professional development meetings, and research program training sessions. Interns will work with the full-time study personnel to set their weekly schedules.
This is a paid internship that offers students a chance to gain hands-on experience in cutting-edge research methods and to learn more about intervention research, graduate training, and careers in psychology. Preference will be given to advanced undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in pursuing careers in developmental or clinical psychology, or a related field. However, students whose focus is outside of psychology are also encouraged to apply. Successful interns may have opportunities to continue working in paid capacities following the conclusions of the internship period. Please note, data collection and internship training will occur at our research site in Fort Wayne, IN. This internship opportunity is available to non-Notre Dame students in the Fort Wayne area.