Tips for Seeking Services
Call first before going to any agency. The hours that they are open may have changed or they may work by appointment only.
When you call, make sure to tell them what service you are looking for and ask if you need an appointment and what documents you need to bring.
The documents that are most often needed are:
- A state issued ID with a photograph of you
- Wages verification (check stub)
- Lease or mortgage in your name
- Utility bills in your name
- Birth certificates for you and your family members
- Social security numbers for you and your family members
- Verification of public assistance for you and your family members